- Puttu Podi - 2 cups
- Grated Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Water - as required
- Mix puttu podi with salt and 1tbsp grated coconut
- Sprinkle water on the puttu podi and start mixing it so as to make the powder wet.
- Keep on sprinkling water and continue mixing, till u can make lumps when you clasp but which can be easily crumbled.
- After the mixture has enough moisture, run it in a grinder for a few seconds so that there are no lumps.
- For making Puttu, there is a special vessel known as Cheratta Puttu Kutti which is placed on top of Pressure Cooker.
- Place a handful of grated coconut in the Puttukutty (special utensil) and then add the puttu podi till half, now add another handful of grated coconut. Continue adding puttu podi and top it with some coconut.
- Close the lid and place the puttu kutti on the pressure cooker and steam the puttu for about 10 - 15minutes.
- Serve hot with Chicken Curry, Kadala Curry or Egg Curry or with Banana.